Текущее время: Вт мар 19, 2024 12:45 pm

Заметки по гибридизации стрептокарпусов. Автор Dale Martens. 
Автор Сообщение
Администратор

Сообщение Заметки по гибридизации стрептокарпусов. Автор Dale Martens.
Нашла статью на форуме сайта http://www.streptocarpus-info.com/

Название: " Dale Martens Hybridizing Notes."
Привожу английский текст и потихоньку буду переводить.

Материал интересный для тех кто планирует заняться селекцией стрептокарпусов.

Ср янв 28, 2009 11:44 am
Профиль Отправить email WWW
Администратор

Сообщение Re: Заметки по гибридизации. Автор Dale Martens.
Lesson 1. Selecting Parents.Decide what you would like to aim for:
1. Foliage
a. rosette
b. unifoliate
c. variegation
2. Blossoms
a. fantasy
b. yellow throat
c. double
d. scent
e. purple??
3. Size of plant

1.a.: Rosette shapes such as, Strep kentaniensis seem to be dominant. Streps ‘Gator’s Tail’ and ‘Lavender Rosette’ (Martens’ hybrids) are ‘Pegasus’ x S. kentaniensis are are rosette shaped. I understand from those using them as parents that the seedlings they’ve gotten are also rosette shaped, but not as strongly as that first generation.
1.b.: Unifoliate (single leaf) x Plurifoliate (multiple leaves) usually equals about 50/50 of each. Unifoliates are programmed to bloom, set seed, and die. One cannot propagate new plants from a unifoliate once it begins to flower. If you get a unifoliate seedling, do wait to see if it makes new leaves after it blooms. Often seedlings from unifoliate x plurifoliate initially produce one extra large and extra wide leaf. After the seedling blooms, then more leaves are usually produced, but they will never be as big as that first leaf. This is how ‘It Makes Scents’ and ‘Kiwi Friendship’ began their lives.
In addition, we’ve heard from Jaco Truter (and it’s my experience, too) that some (not all) plurifoliate seedlings with a unifoliate parent, tend to struggle to live after blooming. Although you are taking a risk when using a unifoliate parent, keep in mind that the unifoliate Strep dunnii with it’s crimson flowers is what is credited with giving us pink & reddish hybrids in the first place. I’m currently growing out hybrids with S. dunnii in the parentage and I have red flowers on some of the seedlings.
1.c.: Select a variegated plant as the Mother plant. So far crossing variegation x green leaf equals 99.9% green leaf seedlings. Those can be selfed or back-crossed to the variegated mother. If you are very lucky, and I’ve only been lucky three times, you can get a variegated seedling in that first batch of seedlings. Be sure to allow your seedlings to have time to sprout since some have suggested that they are slower to sprout than the average strep seedling. The only way we are going to get variegated plants with more than two flowers per stem is if we out-cross to green leaf plants that have lots of flowers. Caution: pretty please toss any variegated plants with weak flower stems. I saw a show that introduced some variegated streps and the flowers were practically laying on the leaves. Weak flower stems on variegated foliage is a real problem! Back-crossing will bring out those weak stems. I've gotten gorgeous variegated foliage by selfing the variegate x green leaf seedlings. About 8% had variegation.
2.a.: Fantasy flowers aren’t easy to obtain in hybridizing. Sometimes they have very little pollen. Sometimes the seedlings are very weak and die before reaching blooming stage. Fantasy x self has given me solid colored flowers. Fantasy x solid might give you fantasy. At this time I don’t know if the mother has to be the fantasy parent. Right now in my experience, it looks that way, but I haven’t hybridized them enough to say for sure. I have some ‘Double Scoop’ x ‘Toronto Silver Splash’ hybrids about to bloom.
2.b.: Yellow throats aren’t dominant. I used ‘Lemon Drop’ as the seed parent crossed with a strep without yellow in the throat and none of the seedlings had yellow throats. Even Texas Hot Chili x Big Yolk yielded a few seedlings with no yellow in the throat.
2.c.: Double flowers are dominant, but not to the extent we’d probably like. Double x single can yield some non-doubles, and the rest are either very double to having just a single, extra little petal. The male organs become extra petals. Therefore, a double must be the seed parent. Having said that, I found a double with one, distorted pollen sac stuck to a petal. I used that pollen on my double hybrid ‘Al’s Pal’. I got some flowers that were so filled with petals that the flower was unable to open! I also got some singles!! 'Double Scoop' is 'Al's Pal' x unnamed double.
2.d.: Scent appears to be a popular goal. So far those hybridizing for scent have used S. vandeleurii as a parent. It’s a unifoliate, so see 1.b. above. Jaco Truter has suggested that S. candidus be used. It’s a plurifoliate and the flower sure smells better than S. vandeleruii! One of the challenges with having a scented hybrid is that it has little or no pollen. Also, it seems to resist being hybridized. I recently discovered that scent from S. candidus can be passed onto the seedling through the pollen parent. One out of 10 plants has the scent, but it's quite mild and is more easily detected in the afternoon.
2.e.: Purple. Avoid it. Pretty please don’t name a purple flowered seedling unless it sings and dances. There are just too many purple/lavender/mauve streps in the world right now!
3. It seems like those of us in North America love the smaller streps. Those in England and Australia grow standard sized streps. Small x small doesn’t usually give you small plants. I’ve growing out Tim Tuttle’s Strep cyanandrus cross, ‘Cherokee Charm’ and it’s not small. I’ve also used small x standard and gotten standard sized plants. One needs to do a lot of back-crossing to get small plants with a variety of colors. It was suggested to me that Strep cyanandrus might not be a good parent to choose due to its intolerance of heat. We have some exciting hybridizing in the future if Strep liliputana will accept pollen from hybrids. I used its pollen on other hybrids, but they didn't accept it. Jaco has had some limited success with using it as a parent.

Ср янв 28, 2009 11:46 am
Администратор

Сообщение Re: Заметки по гибридизации. Автор Dale Martens.
Урок первый "Выбираем родителей".
Прежде всего вам надо оределить цель скрещивания.
1.Листва:
а. форма розетки,
b.однолистность,
c.пестролистность.
2.Цветы:
a.фантазийность,
b.желтое горло,
c. махровость,
d.запах,
e.фиолетовый цвет???
И размер растения.

Теперь подробнее:
1.а. Форма розетки как у стептокарпуса Кentaniensis будет доминантной.
Вот этот стрепс: http://www.gesneriads.ca/strept84.htm
Его гибрид сорт "Crystal Ice".
И во втором поколении ( исправьте, если я не так поняла) этот признак проявиться уже слабее.

1.b.При скрещивании однолистный стрепс на многолистный будет примерно одинаковое (50/50) количество сенцев с однолистной и многолистной листвой. Однолистники по своей природе должны зацвести, оставить семена и отмереть. И если у вас получился однолистный сеянец, то вам надо посмотерть будет ли у него расти второй лист после цветения.
Очень часто у сеянев такого скрещивания будет очень большой и очень широкий первый лист.
Листья которые вырастут после цветения уже не будут такими большими, как первый.

Добавлю, что некоторые (не все) многолистные сеянцы от однолистного родителя будут стараться продолжать жить после цветения.
Вы так же рискуете, используя однолистного родителя такого как стрептокарпус Dunnii (http://www.gesneriads.ca/strep168.htm) с его малиновыми цветами получить большое количество розовых и красноватых гибридов в первом поколении.

Если я правильно поняла, то цвет цветов однолистного родителя будет доминантным и будет унаследован большинством сеянцев с небольшими вариациями цветовой гаммы.

1.c.
Пестролистное растение выберете материнским. Скрещивание пестролистного и зеленолистного растений в 99,9 % даст зеленый окрас сеянцев. Эти сеянцы можно скрестить между собой или с их перстролистной мамой. И если вам улыбнеться удача ( у меня получалось только 3 раза), то у вас будет перстролистный сеянец уже в первом скрещивании. Дайте пестрым малышам подрасти, т.к расти они будут медленнее чем обычные зеленые стрептокарпусы.
Единственный способ получить более чем два цветка на цветоносе - скрещивание с зеленым и обильноцветущим сортом.
Предупреждение: выбраковывайте все пестролистные сеянцы со слабыми цветоносами. Слабые цветоносы - болшая проблема пестролистников. Мне довелось видеть варианты где цветоносы практически лежали на листьях.
Обратное скрещивание выявит (устранит возможно) эту проблему. У меня получались чудесные пестролистные сеянцы после скрещивания пестролистного и зеленолистного вариантов. Около 8 % имели пестролистность.

Ср фев 11, 2009 3:10 pm

Сообщение Re: Заметки по гибридизации стрептокарпусов. Автор Dale Martens.
Нужная статья. Очень. В Диблее есть набор диких стрепсов. Нужно обязательно проверить эту теорию. Пока половина сеянцев имеет цвет листа матери.

Ср фев 11, 2009 9:04 pm
Профиль Отправить email